- Provide interpersonal support for the organization, volunteers, and the people we serve
- Debrief with Vetters, Dispatchers, and Rescue Team Members coming off shift. Support volunteers who have witnessed crisis during their volunteer shifts
- Assist Rescue Teams in group debrief at end of shifts (if requested)
- Take Referrals for support calls from Vetters, Dispatchers, or Rescue Teams working with evacuees in need of support
- Refer serious needs to 9-1-1, crisis lines
- Assist volunteers who are in conflict by providing coaching in navigating interpersonal conflict, and providing facilitation (conflict resolution, mediation, restorative practices)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused during crisis
- Training and Experience gained working under supervision of a mentor
- Significant amount of experience in the Behavioral Health Fields, and or Licensure in Behavioral Health Field
- Lived experience with disaster, grief, assisting others in distress
- Only sign up for a shift if you have the proper equipment. Must have access to a phone line, solid power source and internet connection.
- Communicate Regularly with Debrief & Support Team Manager
- Immediately Communicate with Safety Officer or Dispatch Manager when necessary
- Take Breaks. Sleep before taking on another volunteer shift. Take care of yourself if you have been working with people experiencing danger, stress, or crisis.
- Reach out to Debrief & Support Supervisor for clarification. Work closely with an experienced Debrief/ Support Persons on your team.
- Sign up for shifts of at least 3 hours
- Hand-off open calls to Debrief & Support Team manager / another volunteer when you are taking a break
- Sign-up for this role if you do not have experience working with people experiencing crisis, distress, and conflict under the supervision of a mentor
- Close shift without hand-off of all open calls
- Blur roles / Attempt to take on dispatch and vetting responsibilities
- Work with unstable power and internet sources
- Work more than 7 hours straight shift
- Request donations or compensation